|Malabar double murder suspect to go on ID parade |
JULIEN NEAVES Sunday, July 16 2017
A MALE suspect in the June 27 Malabar double murder was scheduled to be placed on an identification parade while a second was scheduled to be interviewed by Homicide members yesterday.
The two are in police custody the murders of 13 year-old schoolboy Videsh Subar and his caregiver Hafeeza “Rose” Mohammed.
Their bodies were found at Mohammed’s home at Ajim Baksh Street, Malabar on June 28.
The throats of the 13-year-old boy and the 56-year-old woman were slit and they were bound and gagged.
In a statement yesterday, defence attorney Fareed Ali said on day 18 of the investigation, there are five men in custody and no charges have been laid as yet. Ali said a 23 year-old man arrested on Thursday last week was expected to be placed on identification parade.
He also reported that a 35-yearold man, who was arrested and taken into police custody on Friday, was expected to be formally interviewed yesterday.
He said this makes it a total of seven men arrested over 18 days with two released and one more which police are still looking for.
He said he represents four of the five men.
Ali said Homicide members, on Friday, interviewed a 23-yearold who was arrested on Thursday and a 32-year-old re-arrested also on Thursday. He said they have exercised their right to remain silent.
He said, as of yesterday morning, no charges had been laid against the five.
Police, on Friday, said Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard gave advice to charge a 24 year-old man in the case.
On Wednesday one of the men who was arrested and released, 22-year-old Kendall Garcia alias “Sausage” of Maturita and Valencia, was shot dead during a police exercise in Carapichaima.