Newsday Logo
Banner
spacer
Saturday, October 21 2017
spacer

Latest

spacer
spacer
spacer
spacer
spacer
spacer
spacer
spacer
spacer
spacer
spacer
spacer

Entertainment

spacer
spacer
spacer
spacer

Opinion

spacer
spacer
spacer
spacer

Newsday Archives

spacer

Classifieds

Business (8)
Employment (121)
Motor (92)
Real Estate (170)
Computers (4)
Notices (15)
Personal (40)
Miscellaneous (25)
Second-hand stuff (1)
Bridal (38)
Tobago (83)
Tuition (48)

Newsletter

Every day fresh news


A d v e r t i s e m e n t


spacer
Search for:
spacer

Fired John Prince rehired

FRANCIS JOSEPH Thursday, October 26 2006

click on pic to zoom in

HIS CONTRACT was unceremoniously terminated on June 30, but yesterday, Dr John Prince was smiling once more. He returns to his old job today as executive director of the Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (TATT).

Thanks to an order from the court, Prince will walk into the Authority’s offices at Boundary Road in San Juan and sit in the chair he once occupied for two years before he was kicked out.

Madame Justice Maureen Rajnauth-Lee, presiding in the Port-of-Spain High Court, granted an injunction against the Authority and ordered that Prince return to his job this morning.

Prince was represented by Pamela Elder SC, Ken Wright and Richard Mason while Seenath Jairam SC and Dharmendra Punwasee appeared for the Telecommunications Authority.

After the judge’s oral judgment yesterday, Jairam told the court that his client intends to appeal and asked for a stay of the court order. But Justice Rajnauth-Lee ruled against it and said her order remains.

The case now goes for trial and costs will be determined at the conclusion of the entire case. Prince was seconded from the Public Service on July 1, 2004 to be executive director of the Telecommunications Authority for a maximum period of five years, in accordance with the Telecommunications Act 2001.

However, he was sent on leave on May 31 and the authority’s deputy director Chris Seecharan was appointed to act as executive director. Prince’s contract was unceremoniously terminated on June 30, although he indicated that it was not due to end before June 30, 2009.

It was then that Prince filed a writ in the Port-of-Spain High Court for breach of contract. Following yesterday’s judgment, an elated Prince emerged from the Hall of Justice with his team of lawyers.

He said, “this victory is not mine, but that of my attorney and God. I am not hesitant in returning to work tomorrow. I hope no one has to go through what I went through over the past four months. It was a trying time for me,” Prince added.

Attorney Elder said justice had been served and that she was very happy that her client succeeded and would be back on the job today.

spacer
    Print print
spacer
spacer

A d v e r t i s e m e n t

Banner

Pictures & Galleries


spacer
spacer
spacer

The Ch@t Room

Have something to say ?
Click here to tell us right now!

Ntouch

Click here to subscribe to Newsday Ntouch

RSS

rss feed

Crisis Hotline

Have a problem ?
Help is just phone call away.

spacer
Copyright © Daily News Limited | About us | Privacy | Contact
spacer

IPS Software by Agile Telecom Ltd


Creation time: 0.167 sek.