Miss Earth is an annual international beauty pageant promoting environmental awareness. Along with Miss Universe and Miss World contests, Miss Earth is one of the three largest beauty pageants in the world in terms of the number of national-level competitions to participate in the world finals. Miss Earth is also one of the most publicised beauty contests in the world. The reigning titleholders dedicate their year to promote specific projects and often address issues concerning the environment and other global issues. The 2012 pageant will be held in October in Indonesia.
The local leg of the competition is being organised by Oneness Entertainment Trinidad and Tobago, sister company of Oneness Entertainment of USA which also produces the Miss Oneness Beauty Pageant in Nicaragua. Oneness Entertainment Trinidad and Tobago is independently operated by president/CEO Vanessa Sahatoo-Manoo and its board of directors. Sahatoo-Manoo is also the national franchise holder for the Miss Earth and the executive pageant producer of Miss Oneness TT Beauty Pageant.
All potential candidates for the Miss Earth Pageant must meet the following criteria for screening, in order to be selected to participate in the Miss Oneness TT Beauty Pageant, a delegate will be chosen to represent TT at the Miss Earth Pageant. Candidates must:
- be a Citizen of Trinidad and Tobago
- be single, never been married nor have given birth to a child, nor be a parent
- be between 18 and 26 years of age
- be of minimum height 5’4” (164.6cm)
- possess good moral character
- possess sound education background
- never have been convicted of any crime
- have a talent
- be familiar with TT culture and environmental concerns/problems
- wear proper open-toed high heels
- walk with a two-piece swim suit and beach wrap/cover-up
- walk with original and one copy of their TT ID or birth certificate for registration purposes
This year’s theme for the Miss Earth Pageant is “Sustainable Energy For All.” The reigning Miss Earth is Miss Ecuador, Olga Mercedes Alava Vargas.
For further information and details, email email@example.com, visit the website
www.missoneness.com or Facebook or call 736-0981 or 762-3505.