The report, which was presented to the baby’s mother, Quelly Ann Cottle, on Monday, was referred to the DPP to determine any criminal culpability in the circumstances that led to his death.
Gaspard could not say when the document reached his office as he did not receive it personally.
He added he would peruse the report, but could give no time frame as to when he would make a decision.
When contacted, yesterday, acting Police Commissioner Stephen Williams said he was out of the country and could not comment.
Although Cottle had been demanding a copy of the report since it was presented to the Attorney General last week, she said she was unable to read the contents as it was too painful for her.
“Emil (Simeon’s father) reading bits and parts of it and he is telling me what it says. The hospital said they want to see us so I know I will have to eventually read it,” she admitted.
Cottle said the family’s attorney, Colin Selvon, who also received a copy of the report, has not read the document as yet.
“He said he only looked through it, but he has to study it,” she said.
President of the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago Dr Samuel Ramsewak could not be reached to confirm whether he received a copy of the report. Ramlogan had said a copy would be referred to the board to determine if there was need for disciplinary action against doctors who were involved in the care and management of the baby and his mother.
Baby Simeon died after receiving a gash to his head while being delivered during a Caesarean section at Mt Hope Women’s Hospital, on March 1.